WHY CAN’T I GET MY
PAIN AND ANXIETY MEDS NOW ?!?
As of 1/1/17 the NH Sate Legislature issued these rules in response to the heroin epidemic and rising number of accidental overdose deaths occurring in our state. We must following their rules, lest we be prosecuted for improper medicine prescribing.
* YOU MUST HAVE A VISIT WITH AN EXAM BEFORE EVERY ORDER OF A NARCOTIC FOR ACUTE PAIN IS PRESCRIBED.
* YOU MUST FILL OUT A RISK ASSESSMENT FORM WITH EACH & EVERY PRESCRIPTION.
* A CONSENT FORM MUST BE SIGNED HERE IN THE OFFICE FOR EVERY NARCOTIC AND ANTI-ANXIETY PRESCRIPTION EVERY TIME.
* FOR ACUTE PAIN, 3 DAYS IS ALLOWED, WITH A 7 DAY TOTAL MAXIMUM AMOUNT
* YOU MUST HAVE A PAIN CONTRACT AND FREQUENT VISITS TO HAVE CHRONIC PAIN MEDICATIONS PRESCRIBED.
* CHRONIC NARCOTICS REQUIRE A MINIMUM OF VISITS 4 TIMES PER YEAR AND TWICE YEARLY DRUG TESTING FOR OTHER ILLICIT DRUGS.
* WE MUST EITHER WRITE THESE OUT BY HAND OR HAVE A TEXT DOUBLE CHECK THROUGH THE PHARMACY TO OUR OFFICE FOR SECURE PRESCRIBING.
* EVERY ANXIETY OR SLEEPING PILL REFILL REQUEST WILL HAVE A 1 – 2 DAY WAITING PERIOD ENACTED WHILE WE RESEARCH THE STATE DATABASE FOR ALL CONTROLLED SUBSTANCES YOU GET FROM ALL OF YOUR MEDICAL PROVIDERS. Please plan accordingly.
* WE WILL NOT FILL YOUR PRESCRIPTION IF YOU DO NOT FOLLOW ALL THESE RULES.
* WE MAY NOT FILL YOUR PRESCRIPTION IF YOU HAVE RECENTLY HAD ONE FILLED BY ANOTHER PROVIDER for any reason.
* YOU SHOULD HAVE ONLY ONE PROVIDER PRESCRIBING PAIN AND ANXIETY MEDICATIONS – WHENEVER POSSIBLE.
Thank you for understanding these very strict rules to which we must comply. Thank you for your willingness to work with us to get you good, safe pain control when appropriate.